What is the Towing Capacity of a 2021 Ford F-150?
The 2021 Ford F-150 towing capacity maxes out at 6,350 kilograms with the 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine. If you need a truck that can haul equipment to your Bedford job site, or you’re planning on towing a boat or travel trailer on your next getaway outside of Sackville, the new Ford F-150 is more than ready to take on the task. Learn more about the F-150 towing capacity and engine specs in this guide from MacPhee Ford.
2021 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity Specs
What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? It depends on which configuration you choose. The F-150 lineup includes six engine options (including a new hybrid powertrain), three cab styles, and your choice of 4×2 or 4×4 drivetrains. Check out the specs for each of the available engines below to find the one that will best suit your needs.
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine: The entry-level V6 engine generates 290 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque and offers a tow rating between 2,268 kilograms and 3,719 kilograms, depending on the setup.
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: The 2.7 EcoBoost® produces 325 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque, with a tow rating of 3,447 kilograms to 4,536 kilograms.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine: This strong V8 engine can tow 3,262 kilograms to 5.897 kilograms and generates an output of 400 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine: With the diesel option, you’ll get a tow rating of 4,717 kilograms to 6,350 kilograms and an output of 250 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: This engine delivers 400 hp and 500 lb-ft of torque and can tow between 5,080 kilograms and 6,350 kilograms.
- 3.5L PowerBoost® Full Hybrid V6 Engine: This all-new hybrid produces 430 hp and 570 lb-ft of torque, along with a towing capacity of 4,990 kilograms to 5,761 kilograms when properly equipped.
2021 Ford F-150 Towing Features
Along with its robust engine lineup, this capable pickup truck also includes a number of advanced tech features designed to enhance the impressive Ford F-150 towing capacity. These features include:
- Trailer Brake Controller
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
- Dynamic Hitch Assist with Line-of-Sight Guidance
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Trailer Coverage
- 8-Inch Productivity Screen
Test Drive the Ford F-150 at MacPhee Ford
Wondering how much can a Ford F-150 tow? Stop by our dealership near Halifax. Our friendly and knowledgeable sales associates will be happy to fill you in on all the details and set you up with a test drive. Make sure to ask about our current new vehicle specials to take advantage of the best deals available in the Dartmouth area. If you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
More from MacPhee Ford
The cabin air filter in your car, truck, or SUV should be replaced every 20,000 to 30,000 kilometres. Your owner’s manual will have the specific recommendation for your make and model. However, driving conditions, driving habits, and climate can all affect how often you should change your cabin air filter. In this guide the…
A new addition to the Ford truck lineup is coming in the Fall of 2022. Joining the mid-size Ford Ranger and full-size Ford F-150 and Ford Super Duty pickups will be the compact 2022 Ford Maverick. Offering the comfort and practicality of an SUV with the versatility of a pickup truck, and equipped with…
The 2021 Ford Bronco is a bold new off-roader that has been designed to give competitors like the Jeep Wrangler a run for their money. Along with its rugged performance capabilities, the new Bronco dimensions offer a comfortable and roomy interior with plenty of space for passengers and cargo. The Ford Bronco interior is…