What is the Towing Capacity of a 2021 Ford F-150?
The 2021 Ford F-150 towing capacity maxes out at 6,350 kilograms with the 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine. If you need a truck that can haul equipment to your Bedford job site, or you’re planning on towing a boat or travel trailer on your next getaway outside of Sackville, the new Ford F-150 is more than ready to take on the task. Learn more about the F-150 towing capacity and engine specs in this guide from MacPhee Ford.
2021 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity Specs
What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? It depends on which configuration you choose. The F-150 lineup includes six engine options (including a new hybrid powertrain), three cab styles, and your choice of 4×2 or 4×4 drivetrains. Check out the specs for each of the available engines below to find the one that will best suit your needs.
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine: The entry-level V6 engine generates 290 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque and offers a tow rating between 2,268 kilograms and 3,719 kilograms, depending on the setup.
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: The 2.7 EcoBoost® produces 325 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque, with a tow rating of 3,447 kilograms to 4,536 kilograms.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine: This strong V8 engine can tow 3,262 kilograms to 5.897 kilograms and generates an output of 400 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine: With the diesel option, you’ll get a tow rating of 4,717 kilograms to 6,350 kilograms and an output of 250 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: This engine delivers 400 hp and 500 lb-ft of torque and can tow between 5,080 kilograms and 6,350 kilograms.
- 3.5L PowerBoost® Full Hybrid V6 Engine: This all-new hybrid produces 430 hp and 570 lb-ft of torque, along with a towing capacity of 4,990 kilograms to 5,761 kilograms when properly equipped.
2021 Ford F-150 Towing Features
Along with its robust engine lineup, this capable pickup truck also includes a number of advanced tech features designed to enhance the impressive Ford F-150 towing capacity. These features include:
- Trailer Brake Controller
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
- Dynamic Hitch Assist with Line-of-Sight Guidance
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Trailer Coverage
- 8-Inch Productivity Screen
Test Drive the Ford F-150 at MacPhee Ford
Wondering how much can a Ford F-150 tow? Stop by our dealership near Halifax. Our friendly and knowledgeable sales associates will be happy to fill you in on all the details and set you up with a test drive. Make sure to ask about our current new vehicle specials to take advantage of the best deals available in the Dartmouth area. If you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
More from MacPhee Ford
The 2021 Ford F-150 towing capacity maxes out at 6,350 kilograms with the 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine. If you need a truck that can haul equipment to your Bedford job site, or you’re planning on towing a boat or travel trailer on your next getaway outside of Sackville, the new Ford F-150 is more…
The redesigned 2021 Ford F-150 features a wide range of upgrades and trim packages, including an available hybrid powertrain that delivers maximum efficiency on Halifax roads without compromising on the robust hauling and towing capabilities that this popular pickup truck is famous for. Whether you need a vehicle for work or for play, you’ll…
The 2021 Ford Escape lineup offers five engines from which to choose, including a hybrid and a plug-in hybrid. Whether you opt for the standard front-wheel drive (FWD) or available all-wheel drive (AWD), the new Escape delivers a robust towing capacity, which will come in handy if you wish to haul a boat or trailer…