Posted May 23rd, 2017
MacPhee Ford in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia has an opening for an experienced Automotive Technician.
We provide a competitive wage based on experience, on-going factory training and a full benefit package.
We are looking for:
· Proven record of quality and efficient workmanship
· Ability to work as part of a high performance team
· Positive attitude with a drive to succeed
· Previous Ford training is an advantage
· Automotive Service Technician trade certification
· Strong commitment to Customer Satisfaction
· Strong aptitude of technical/mechanical repairs
· Good computer and time management skills
· Organizational ability and attention to detail
· A valid driver’s license
Your duties will include:
· Diagnose, repair and complete approved service on customer vehicles
· Test and adjust vehicle systems to manufacturer’s performance specifications
· Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrication and tune ups.
· Inform customers and Advisors on work performed, general vehicle condition, and future repair requirements
· Maintain mechanical service equipment on a regularly scheduled basis
· Operate company and customer vehicles in a clean and safe manner
· Support customer relationships by responding to customer inquiries
· Participate in all safety initiatives, as required or assigned, to guarantee safety at MacPhee Ford
Please submit your resume to:
580 Portland Street
Dartmouth, NS B2W 2M3
Posted May 23rd 2017
President's Award winning MacPhee Ford in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia has an opening for a Service Advisor.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the Service Advisor has the responsibility of satisfying customers by ensuring the repair and service of their vehicle is performed in an expected time and at an expected cost.
· Ability to receive customers with courtesy and efficiency
· Knowledge of appropriate telephone techniques
· Ability to encourage vehicle service/maintenance and problem prevention with customers
· Knowledge of automotive systems and ability to explain systems and repairs to customers of varying levels of technical understanding
· Ability to properly document customer concerns on customer service work orders
· Knowledge of warranty and service/insurance policies
· Ability to readily work with numbers, mathematics, high-dollar amounts
· Ability to estimate time of service or repair job for purposes of efficient scheduling
The Service Advisor:
· Is responsible for establishing rapport with customers.
· Documents vehicle problems by listening to customers describe them.
· Maintains extensive contact with customers, phoning to provide estimates on service and repairs before jobs are begun, explaining the appointments/scheduling systems to customers, and establishing with customers the method of payment for repairs (cash, warranty, etc.).
· Constantly communicates with Technicians to obtain information on needed vehicle repairs.
· Should be capable of working independently, managing his or her time and work flow.
Applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification: Valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License
Please submit your resume to: